Importing your customer data in Badger is simple! Here’s the step-by-step guide that shows how you can do it in less than 4 minutes. Just remember, you can only import your data through the web app.
1. Log in to the Badger Maps web app. Then, go to Settings, and click Import Accounts.
Note: The file should have more than one entry for this to work. We recommend manually creating an account if you only have one to add.
You also have the option to click on Accounts and choose Import Data.
Note: This works only if your Badger account is empty.
2. Select Import Excel/CSV on the pop-up window.
3. Then select Do it Yourself.
4. Click Upload, and choose the Excel or CSV (.xls or .csv) file that you wish to import.
5. The next step is to choose the address details. You can either select Address, Lat/Long, or Both, then hit Next.
6. If you’re using an Address, you’d need to select whether they’re written in Single or Multiple columns on your spreadsheet. Click Next to proceed to the next step.
Here’s what a single address column looks like:
And here’s what a multiple address column looks like:
7. Assign the address headers to the appropriate fields. If you don’t have a certain default field, choose Not Applicable from the drop-down list then click on Next.
8. The next step will be assigning the info to the right fields. Choose the Account/Customer Name you prefer, and click Next.
9. The app will also ask you to assign appropriate fields for Phone, Email, Notes, and Unique IDs. You can select Not Applicable from the drop-down list if a field is blank. Click Next after selecting the fields.
Note: The Unique ID is usually required when you update your data by using the Import feature, and you can find more details about it here
10. After selecting the fields for phone, email, etc., the app will show you a list of your spreadsheet headers. You’d have to choose which of those should be included in the import as custom fields. Please note that you can choose up to 30 custom fields.
11. To choose, click on each field and select Create New Field if you’d like to include it on the upload. Click Don’t Import if it shouldn’t be included.
12. Then select if the data on that field should be Text or Numeric. For example, Text field would be used for something like “Specialty”, where a Numeric field would be used for something like, “Sales YTD”. Click Next when you’re done selecting.
13. Before mapping, the app will show you a summary of how many accounts and custom fields are being imported. Just click on Map It! to confirm that all details are correct.
14. Your data set will be uploaded within a few minutes depending on the size of your file. Once completed, you will see a summary of the accounts successfully imported.
If there are accounts that failed to upload, you’ll see a Download button where you can download the list of the unmapped accounts. This usually happens if your spreadsheet was incorrectly formatted. Here’s how you can fix it. Once you’ve updated the list, you can go ahead and re-import it.
If you want, you can also undo your import. Click here to learn how.
See what Badger Maps can do for your sales
See how your sales team can sell more
Looking for our logo?
Grab a Zip packed with our logo in PNG and EPS formats.
Get Started now with a free trial of Badger Maps, no credit card required!