Last updated: December 1, 2012
1. Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, some of our Services require you to log-in and create an account. When you set-up an account, we’ll ask you for personal information (more fully defined below), like your name, email address, telephone number and your credit card number, if necessary.
- Information we get from your use of our Services. We may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit our website, this information includes:
- Device Information – we may collection device specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information – when you use our Services or view content that we provide, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details of how you used our Services, such as your search queries, Internet protocol address, and device event information such as crashes or other system activity.
- Location information – when you agree to use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your exact location.
- Local storage – we may collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
“Personal information” means information that specifically identifies you, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card information.
Our Service may require you to use the most current version of the Software. The Software may automatically check to determine if you are using the most current version of the Software. During this process, an IP address identifying your computer, operating system version and the Software version may be collected via the Internet.
We may on occasion supplement the personal information you submit to us with information from third-party sources. For example, if permitted under applicable law, we may supplement the information you provide when you register for an account with address information provided by the U.S. Postal Service to verify your information and prevent errors in our database.
2. How we use the information we collect
- to provide and improve the Service and the Software; to send you a welcome email and contact you about your use of the Service or Software (e.g., for administrative and customer service purposes);
- to process your requests or transactions and to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- to provide you with information, products or services you request;
- to track customer preferences and inform you about product upgrades, special offers and products and our services that we think will be of interest to you; to respond to your emails, submissions, feedback, bug reports, requests for new features, help requests or other comments, questions or complaints;
- to monitor and analyze usage, trends and activities in connection with the Service and Software; and
- to automatically determine if you are using the most current version of the Software and to send you email messages, and potentially a pop-up box or similar notification mechanisms to inform you if you need to upgrade in order to use the Service you have requested.
3. Sharing of personal information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- with third party vendors, consultants and service providers who perform functions on our behalf, but we limit their use of the information as is reasonably necessary to carry out their work;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests, legal process or legal authorities;
- in extraordinary circumstances, such as to respond to an emergency or for reasons of national security, an urgent matter of public or individual safety or other issues of dire importance;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, a merger, consolidation, sale of our corporate assets or equity, financing, acquisition, corporate reorganization, strategic alliance or in any other similar situation where personal information may be transferred as one of our business assets;
- if you post information to our bulletin board or blog (collectively, “Public Forums”), such information, along with your email address, will be publicly available to all persons accessing that Public Forum. We are not responsible for any information you submit to a Public Forum or the subsequent use of such information by third parties.
We may also share aggregated or other data that does not directly identify you.
4. Your choices with respect to personal information
We may send information to you regarding our products, services and special offers or those of selected third parties, unless you have opted not to receive such communications or such communications are prohibited by law. If you do not wish to receive such email, regular mail or other messages, you may opt out at the time of registration or information collection by logging into your account settings and updating your contact preferences. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving email or other communications from us, we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of the Service or the Software, such as messages related to transactions or services you have specifically requested, in response to any email from you to us, to notify you of updates or changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise provide you with information we believe is important to users. Our systems may require time to update, so your opt-out requests may not be updated immediately.
5. Protection of your personal information
We take all reasonable measures to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
6. Third party links
8. Contacting Us