Effective May 25, 2018
We respect your right to privacy and will only process Personal Information in accordance with applicable legislation in the US, EU and other countries where we offer our Services.
1. Information We Collect About You
We need to collect information about you to provide you with the aspects of our Services or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on the country from which you access our Services. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you sign up for an account of any of the Badger Maps Services, enter any information into our Services, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the our Services. In order to provide the Badger Maps Services to you, we need to process information provided below. In case you do not agree to provide us with the above-mentioned information, you will not be able to use the Badger Maps Services.
We may collect and receive the following information when you use the Badger Maps Services:
- Identification Information: Your name and surname, your phone number, your email address, any username used to identify yourself in the Badger Maps Services.
- Payment Information: Information such as your debit or credit card number, card expiration date, CVV code and billing address.
- Other Information: Any other information which you supply us via our Services. This includes the name, company name, address, phone number or email address and other information of contacts that you choose to share with us. When you provide us with Personal Information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided, such as to add new records to your Badger Maps account.
Information We Collect from Your Use of Our Services
We may collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Badger Maps Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect this way may include:
- Device Information: Technical details about any device which you use to access the Badger Maps Services, including: Internet and/or network connection and IP address; any mobile device identifier; your operating system, browser type or other software; or your hardware or other technical details.
- Use Information: When you use the Badger Maps Services or view content that we provide, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details of how you used our Services, such as your search queries, Internet protocol address, and device event information such as crashes or other system activity.
- Location information: When you agree to use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your exact location.
2. Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
We also may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, track the number of visits to our website and apps, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
3. How We Store Your Information
We use robust, state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information. We store your information on "cloud" servers owned and operated by Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). AWS data centers undergo annual certifications to ensure they meet the highest standards of physical and virtual security. You can find more information on AWS security practices at http://aws.amazon.com/security/. AWS is also certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view their certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOWQAA4.
Critical parts of our Services employ the highest level of security standards, from HTTPS SSL, encryption-at-rest to password encryption. These measures are intended to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you.
We may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your information during the time in which you have an account to use the Badger Maps Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. When we will no longer require your Personal Information in order to provide our Services to you, we will either delete it or anonymize it:
- We will keep information that is associated with the Badger Maps Services you use for the duration of the agreement to access our Services. Following account closure, limited information that we collect about you will still be retained for an additional few years for marketing, tax, legal or accounting purposes.
- If you don’t use our Services which you have to register for, we will retain correspondence with you as long as necessary to assist you, followed by a period necessary for legal or accountability purposes.
- For marketing purposes, we will store information as long as we have valid consent, without undue delay and no later than within 30 days from the moment we receive a request to unsubscribe.
We take all reasonable measures to help protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
4. How Your Information Is Used
We may use the information we collect or receive in a variety of ways in providing the Badger Maps Services and operating our business, including the following:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between you and us and any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Badger Maps Services.
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us.
- To verify the information you share with us.
- To communicate with the users of our Services.
- To notify you about changes to Badger Maps Services.
- To operate, maintain, improve or modify Badger Maps Services.
- To develop new products and services.
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of the Badger Maps Services.
- To calculate conversion rates and other elements of Badger Maps Services’ performance.
- For tax, legal and accounting purposes.
- For the accountability purposes as defined by EU legislation (GDPR).
- To communicate with you to resolve disputes, collect fees and provide assistance.
- To provide you with marketing information (including personalized and targeted marketing emails), which we feel may interest you. For example, we may send you newsletters or emails about Badger Maps Services.
- To communicate with you to market and advertise our Services. If we send you marketing emails, you will always be able to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
- To target and personalize our marketing communications, offers and advertisements that we display on our websites and services as well as those of third parties based on the combined information we have collected about you. Whenever we’re personalizing or targeting our marketing communications, offers and advertisements, we may profile your Personal Information, which means that we may use the information we collect to adjust the communication addressed to you to meet your needs. If you decide that you no longer want to receive personalized offers, product recommendations from us, or any advertising news at all, you can object to this service at any time.
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract with you (for example, to comply with: the terms of service of our websites which you accept by browsing the websites/registering; and/or our contract to provide our Services to you); or
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide security for our websites, products, software, applications; operate our business and our Services; make and receive payments; comply with legal requirements and defend our legal rights; prevent fraud and to know the customer to whom we are providing Services).
We might process some aggregated and general non-personal information on user behavior with third party partners who work with us to provide Badger Maps Services to you in order to support, improve or amend Badger Maps Services. We may also share non-personal information with data analysis services to help us run Badger Maps Services.
Badger Maps will not review, share, distribute, or reference any information of contacts that you choose to share with us via the Badger Maps Services. When you provide us with information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided, such as to add new records to your Badger Maps account, or as may be required by law. We may use such information only for the purposes of providing the Badger Maps Services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
5. How Your Information Is Shared
- With your consent: We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time you agree to share or authorize a third party (or Third Party Services) to access your information.
- With other users: Certain features of the Badger Maps Services (like the management & collaboration features offered on some of our plans) may allow sharing of information with other users within the Badger Maps Services. If such features are enabled on your account please be aware that all information you enter into the Badger Maps Services might be accessible to certain other users of the Badger Maps Services.
- With affiliates: Our affiliates help us deliver the Badger Maps Services. For this reason we may share some of your information with our affiliates in order to work with them. For example, we may need to share your information with other companies within the Badger Maps corporate family for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes. We always limit their use of the information as is reasonably necessary to carry out their work.
- Billing: We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Testimonials: From time to time, we may post testimonials on the Websites that may contain Personal Information. We obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial.
- Compelled disclosure: Please be aware that we are subject to various laws and we may be required to release information to comply with law enforcement or/and other legal requirements. We also reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.When required by law, we may also share your information with the police or other government authorities (including your IP address and details of suspected unlawful or fraudulent activity such as unauthorized use of payment methods and security risk scores).
Badger Maps offers a worldwide service. By using the Badger Maps Services, you authorize us to transfer, process and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
6. Notice to End Users
Our Services are intended for both personal use and use by organizations. Where the Badger Maps Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the end-users over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of our Services is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Even if the Services are not currently administered to you by an organization, if you are a member of a team administered by an organization, or if you use an email address provided by an organization (such as your work email address) to access the Services, then the administrator of that team or the owner of the domain associated with your organizational email address (e.g. your employer) may assert administrative control over your account and use of the Services at a later date.
7. Children’s Privacy
The Badger Maps Services do not address anyone under the age of 16 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that Children have provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers.
8. Your Choices
We may send information to you regarding our Services or those of selected third parties, unless you have opted not to receive such communications or such communications are prohibited by law. If you do not wish to receive such email, regular mail or other messages, you may opt out at the time of registration or information collection by logging into your account settings and updating your contact preferences or by contacting us on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving email or other communications from us, we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of our Services, such as messages related to transactions or services you have specifically requested, in response to any email from you to us, to notify you of updates or changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise provide you with information we believe is important to users. Our systems may require time to update, so your opt-out requests may not be updated immediately.
9. Your Rights
You may request to review, correct, delete or otherwise modify any of the Personal Information that you have previously provided to us. If you have registered for an account with the Badger Maps Services, you may generally update your user settings, profile, billing information, organization’s settings by logging into the applicable Website or Service with your username and password and editing your settings or profile. To discontinue your account, and/or request return or deletion of the information associated with your account, please contact your account representative or the customer support team for the applicable part of the Badger Maps Service.
For other requests to access, correct, modify or delete your information, please review the “Contacting Us” section. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe. If you are an employee of a Badger Maps customer, you may also wish to contact your company’s manager of the Badger Maps Services for assistance in correcting or updating your information.
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain situations and for marketing purposes at any time. You can do so by contacting us on the email address: email@example.com
11. Contacting Us
To protect all data in a better and more efficient way, we also designated a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”). You can contact our DPO at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Written Inquiries can be sent to:
San Francisco, CA 94133