How to Import Excel/CSV Files into Your Account from Your Computer (WebApp)
The easiest way to get your customers in Badger is by importing your Excel or CSV customer file. Continue reading below to find out how:
1. Log in to the Badger Maps web app.
2. To upload your file, you’d have to go to Settings and click Import Accounts.
You also have the option to click on Accounts and choose Import Data.
Note: This works only if your Badger account is empty.
3. A pop-up box will appear and you’ll be asked to select how you’d like to input your data. Choose Import Excel/CSV.
4. Then select Do it Yourself to start the process.
5. Click Upload, and choose the file that you wish to import.
6. The next step is to choose the address details. You can either select Address, Lat/Long, or Both, then hit Next.
7. If you’re using an Address, you’d need to select whether they’re written in Single or Multiple columns on your spreadsheet. Click Next to proceed to the next step.
8. Assign the address headers to the appropriate fields. If a field should be blank, choose Not Applicable from the drop-down list then click on Next.
9. The next step will be assigning the info to the right fields. Choose the Account/Customer Name you prefer, and click Next.
10. The app will also ask you to assign the appropriate fields Phone, Email, Notes, and Customer ID's. You can select Not Applicable from the drop-down list if a field is blank. Click Next after selecting the fields.
11. A summary of your import details will pop-up that will tell you the rows that will be imported as well as any new custom fields. Click Map It! to get the import process started.
Note: The app allows up to 30 custom fields.
12. Your data set will be uploaded in a couple of minutes, and you should be good to go. Also, a summary of your imported accounts will appear. If there are accounts that didn’t get uploaded, you’ll find a Download button below the summary box. Click it to get a list of your unmapped accounts that you can update and reupload in the future.
Click here to get a copy of our sample data upload template if you haven’t set up your spreadsheet yet.
You can also undo your import should you have a change of heart. Click here to learn how.