If you’re an Android user, chances are your default navigation app is Google Maps. But what if you’re not a fan, and you wanted to use Waze (for example) as your default navigation? Read below to learn how.
Android 7 and Up
1. Open your device’s Settings menu.
2. Then tap Apps & Notifications.
3. Choose See all x apps (“x” represents the number of your apps) to view your full list of Apps.
4. Scroll down and click the navigation app that you wish to set as default (Waze for example).
5. Then choose Open by Default.
6. Tap Clear defaults to remove any previous settings. Then click Open Supported Links, and choose Open in this app to set to default.
Android 6 and Older
1. Go to Settings and tap on the Apps menu.
2. Scroll down and click the navigation app you’d like to set as default (Waze for example).
3. Then tap Open by default.
4. Click Clear defaults if there are any previously set defaults.
5. Then tap on Open supported links, and choose Open in this app to set Waze as your default navigation program.
With the iPhone, you can also go to Badger, hit Settings, and change the "Default Turn By Turn" there. This works if you have the navigation apps installed on your phone. You also have the option to hit "give me the option each time" just in case you like to switch it up. Click here to learn more.
iPhone uses Apple Maps as their navigation app by default, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use other mapping apps like Waze, etc.The workaround that we’ll teach you requires the use of Google app. If you don’t have it yet, go ahead and download it from the App Store. Once downloaded, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Google app then tap More.
2. Then go to Settings, and click General.
3. Next, tap Default Apps, and click Waze or the mapping app that you wish to set as default.
4. Restart your device after setting the default map for the changes to take effect.
The Google App will now set Waze or whatever navigation app that you chose as the default app for navigation. However, this may not work for all other iOS app like your iPhone contacts and Message app.